I Love Melbourne graffiti

Sunday, July 16, 2006

I Love Melbourne graffiti

Some of you may be wondering what inspired the obviousness of the slogan "I (Heart) Love Melbourne graffiti.

It came about slightly prior to the beginning of the March 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth games. During this period city of Melbourne and the state government decided to wage a war on the graffiti in Melbourne to improve the image of the Melbourne landscape for the consumption of our arriving visitors. Putting your best foot forward for the world to see I dig, it's good business. It's not so good business when you denounce a culture that for the years prior you have attempted to nurture. As Kenny from Beat Street said, " you can't just take a bite and leave the rest".

So off they went buffing Graffiti from the inner sanctum of the city leaving us with nothing more then detestable advertising and stains from where the homeless people used to exist.

Then I had a plan! Just as the memory had stuck in my head from those crappy I (Heart) Love NY t-shirts and their ugly stepchild I love Whatever else, I would create a newer, drastically more aesthetic bordering on FRESH t-shirt that put my passion and support out there in all it's glory!!! I (heart) LOVE MELBOURNE GRAFFITI....( and I do)

Off I went and created a small empire that has now amounted to nearly 70 or so t-shirts with props in places like Melbourne of course, Holland, New Zealand, Norway, France, Canada and also to our brothers in arms over there in Sydney. This is the spirit that founded the I Love Melbourne Graffiti ethos. If you dig it you can get on board at "This is it"- Swan Street Richmond or email at ilovemelbournegraffiti@gmail.com . Ain't nothin but a "G" (graffiti) thang baby.

So now you know what we represent lets interact...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home