I Love Melbourne graffiti

Sunday, August 27, 2006


Firstly I must credit this beautiful snap shot to Carla. This is a photo I saw on the Rebozilla fotoblog. Apparantly she took this picture in Canada and apart from the fact that its an ecko shirt it does the job nicely. I thought it was in the spirit of ilovemelbournegraffiti and blogged that puppy up. I must apologise to both Carla and the honourable Mr. Rebo as I neglected to ask permission for the image. Forgive me..

I also have to give props to snails for the comment on the block. She summed up alot of the streetart vs graff situation and I relate to what she said. I think the point of "sticking to one thing" was paramount as I chose this the day I saw my first peice. The concept of ilovemelbournegraffiti spawned from the need to support all forms of art made by the people in the community during its irradication before and during the commonwealth games. Graffiti is a state of mind that can be used in many different methods. If you have no idea what I'm on about then check the comment on the last post. I believe if you check it then you can link up to her blog and so on.

Another blog I like to check and read is my man Johnny Taise's. He has a prolific blog of which I always forget the address as he adds it to his emails and I get on board that way. I usually google THE JOHNNY TAISE FACTORY+SQUARESPACE and it hooks me up. He is currently in Japan and has a nice photo gallery of graff and non graff flix and quircky stories on how a tall white dude negotiates Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home